DECIDE WHAT STORY YOU WANT TO TELL BEFORE OTHERS TELL IT FOR YOU!
Meeting the press, journalists and media and getting the right message across – often in an emergency situations and under time pressure can be very stressful. It’s easy to get nervous and/or send out the wrong signals! To make sure you get your/the company’s message across clearly without misinterpretation or false facts is about being well prepared and on the ball – whatever the circumstances! You need to be aware of the signals you’re sending out and ensure that you’re not misunderstood! By learning to be physically, mentally and emotionally centred and anchored in both your manner and message means you’ll handle stressful situations with greater certainty.
PURPOSE OF MEDIA TRAINING
We train you how to handle the media by showing you how to clearly establish your story-lines. You will train how to respond quickly and cleanly to questions, remain grounded and appear calm, so you stay strong and centred in rushed or critical situations. We also work with those who need a more focused basic training in working with and handling media enquiries and ensuing they’re able to deliver clear and unequivocal messages to the right media contacts.
We train you using various effective mental/mindfulness techniques, always taking account of your organisation’s story and corporate values. An integral part of the training is helping you to create focused, clearly directed aims and goals. We work with basic resource techniques such as: voice, speech, body language, presence, connection, matching, responsiveness, purpose and structure.
You will also learn about the tricks that media use to get information the way they want – instead of how you want it.
EFFECTIVE RESULTS OF MEDIA TRAINING
• You’ll be confident and flexible in meetings with the media in different contexts
• You’ll feel clear, centred and connected both in yourself and with those you meet
• Your body language, attitude, speech and manner are grounded, relaxed & focused
• You are confident and adept at creating good connections and long-term relationships
• You become a good listener, and a savvy and responsive press relations subject-expert
• You will learn how to handle the most common tricks that journalists uses to get more information than you want to deliver
• You handle stressful & unexpected situations calmly with diplomacy and good humour